Thursday 11 February 2016

Main teaser draft - tweaked/final.

I took my teaser poster draft that I originally created and imported it back into pixlr. I removed the smudge effect, typography, and slogan so that the background was back to completely black again. I then centred the face so it was more of the main focus and in eyes view completely. Using the curves, I made them darker at the bottom and lighter at the top to get the correct lighting effect; I then completed that edit with the "sharpen" effect. Using the black brush tool on "Opacity/30" I faded the edges of the face more into the dark background to merge them together.


After that, I zoomed right in onto the eyes of the face. I did this so that using the brush tool (crack), colour red, I was able to add cracks onto the skin/lid under the large eyes. Adding these red cracks, on top of the strain marks, it adds more of a sense that the puppet is dangerous/evil. I also added a slight red tint to the edges of her eyes to imply damage and ruin - as if bruised or bloody.





This is my original typography and I added this onto the poster. However, I edited the typography to make it brighter and bolder.


I used this font as it resembles handwriting quite clearly more than anything else. My slogan idea 'it's got no strings to hold it down' came from adjusting a couple words in the lyrics from the Disney song 'Got no strings' in Pinocchio. I used this for my slogan as it removes the ideologies of 'Disney, dolls and toys bringing happiness' by subverting it to something quite scary and discomforting. 

I added the typography and slogan onto the poster. With the slogan, I used the brush tool (in red, on charcoal) to make the eyes of the 'i' look as if they are blood smudges. And with the typography, I used the white brush tool to go over the original letters to make them brighter and bolder.



Lastly, I added the date to the poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment