Thursday 17 December 2015

Questionnaire results. Pt 1

This question asked people how old they were from under 15, 16-17, 18-19 to over 20. By doing this and collecting the results I am now able to understand what the age group of my target audience would be. These results show that 16-17 was the most common age of people who answered my questionnaire; therefore that age group will be my target audience. This age group seems to be typical of horror genre fans because they enjoy the adrenaline from the thrills. 
                          
This question asked people whether they were male and female and the results that came back were that more females answered the questionnaire than male. However, there is not much of a difference between the amount of male and female who answered the questionnaire. Therefore, this does not mean my main target audience will be female. I will make my advertisement suitable for both genders for a wider target audience.
By asking people how many times they watch a film, i was able to find out whether or not movies are still as popular as they usually are. The majority answer on this questionnaire was that most people watch movies 1-2 times throughout the week. This means that I have to make my advertisement and movie good enough to catch my audience's attention, enough for them to choose to watch it in their spare time.
I then asked how many times a week people watched horror movies. The results from this question was that most people 'never' watch horror movies a week. This makes it more challenging for me as I will need to do everything I can to make my audience want to watch the horror more. However, some people did answer that they do watch horror movies 1-2 times a week. Either way I need to make sure it fits my target audience correctly.
On my questionnaire I also asked people how useful they found posters in advertising movies. The most common answer was that poster were 'extremely' useful, some said 'slightly' and only few said 'not very' or 'not at all'. By asking this question I now know that I need to make my poster fit the horror genre the best as possible because the majority of my target audience find posters extremely or slightly useful. My target audience needs to be attracted to my poster through its features so that they are satisfied. 
I asked people what their 'preferred horror sub-genre' was so that I knew what the base of my horror poster and film should be. By doing this I am now able to identify which horror sub-genre would best attract my target audience. These results show that "zombie" is definitely the most popular sub-genre. Therefore, my poster and film should be based off of a zombie sub-genre to satisfy my target audience. It is clear that by using a zombie base I would most relate to the "wants" of my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment